When a file is moved, its uploaders should still receive full credit for their actions. Since the moved file may be deleted in the source wiki, it is of vital importance that you can see the edits on the target wiki.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Modarres_Expressway,_Tehran_20110912.JPG?action=history is a successful import. Note the prefixed user name w:fa>P0lyzoarium.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:P0lyzoarium already existed on Commons before the import was made. Proof: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Log/P0lyzoarium.
- https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/P0lyzoarium?end=2011-12-31 neither lists the page creation (N) nor any of the later edits the user made to the file description page.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles?limit=50&user=P0lyzoarium&ilshowall=1does list the file.
- The edits on moved file pages appear in the Special:Contributions file
- The moved files appear in the Special:ListFiles file
- This should happen both for users that already existed on Commons before the move, and newly created users.
This ticket should be handled after T209346: If a user's file was moved to Commons, their account should be autocreated