Insights (for details see on-wiki update pages):
- The rollback right in most wikis is given to rollbackers and sysops. However, most people with rollback rights are in the editors user group, mainly from de- and pl-wiki.
- Many people who were given the rollback right specifically (i.e. are part of the rollbackers group), do not want anything that increases the effort to roll sth. back
- People who have the right among many other rights might not always use the right, and would appreciate a confirmation prompt to avoid accidental rollbacks
- Build an inline confirmation like the thanks confirmation, which appears on the diff page and on the list pages ( a patch was already started for that)
- For people with the rollback right, make it an opt-in feature per user that can be enabled through the preferences section
- For people with the rollback right on de-wiki, make the feature an opt-out feature
T49782: Rollback workflow needs further thought: In this task is also the beforementioned patch