We want to gauge TemplateWizard usage once it has launched to get a sense of impact - especially on small wikis. This data can be helpful in recognizing which wikis we should do more outreach to. We don't want to store this data long-term. If we need to purge the data after 90 days, that works.
What do we want to know:
- How often is TemplateWizard launched?
- How often are templates inserted on pages using TemplateWizard?
- How easily do users find the template they were looking for?
- How often do users select templates that appear in the recently used list? (Not implemented yet but keep in mind when developing schema)
- How often do users discard a template after selecting one from the search?
- How satisfied are users with TemplateWizard?
- How often do users click 'Cancel' to close the dialog?
- How often are edits made with TemplateWizard reverted?
- How often are edits made with TemplateWizard abandoned?
More specifically, we want to log the following for every instance of TemplateWizard use:
- When TemplateWizard launches
- When a template from recently used list is selected (Not implemented yet but keep in mind when developing schema)
- When a template is discarded using the trash icon
- When the 'Insert' button is clicked to insert a template
- When the dialog is closed using the 'Close' button
- When the page is saved after having one or more templates inserted (along with the template names)
Along with the above, we want to -
- record the wiki on which the action occurred
- record the parent edit revision ID so we can later see how many of the edits made with TemplateWizard got reverted.
Research into how to know TW was used in a saved edit is covered in T201476.
The schema will be defined in a separate task.
Ensure that no errors are thrown or issues discovered if Event Logging is not available.