We want to install php-fpm on the mediawiki hosts alongside HHVM.
To that end, we need to puppetize
- the installation of php-fpm and all related packages
- the configuration of php.ini variables to be consumed by php-fpm
- the configuration of php-fpm for the main pool (I don't think we need more than one, but that might change in the future)
After this is done, we will also need to re-configure apache to allow sending requests to php-fpm if the user's request contains a specific header or cookie.
As far as the puppetization is concerned, I plan doing the following:
- For php in general, check the existing off-the-shelf modules, and try to use one of those in a profile::mediawiki::php we should extract from the mediawiki modules themselves
- For php-fpm specifically, check the existing off-the-shelf modules, and use one of those if possible. Add the configuration of the pools to another specific profile.
I'll report my findings here on the ticket.