We should support people who want to move on from their current content management system and are considering MediaWiki as a replacement. That means:
- a feature comparison (what features do I lose by migrating? What features do I gain? What things will work better/worse?)
- matching common features to extensions / config (if you want to do X, you need to install this extension and configure it like this) - especially for things that can be done in MediaWiki via complex and flexible extensions like Semantic Forms
- ideally, a migration script that does as much of the work as possible
- a place for asking questions / asking for help
- a langing page to collect all of the above, which can be found from the MediaWiki download page (or main page)
Some CMS-es that could use such tutorials:
- Wikispaces (landing page)
- Wordpress / other blog engines?
- Drupal / other generic CMSes?
- Sharepoint / other document management platforms?