This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of the new cumin master for eqiad, ordered to replace outdated hardware system neodymium.
Hostname Proposal: If we cannot come up with a decent cluster type name for this, we'll have to re-use old (no longer used) element names. As it is the role cluster::management, how about just clustermgmt1001?
Racking Proposal: Any 1G rack, this is replacing (not running alongside) neodymium, so its location in regards to it is irrelevant.
- - receive in system on procurement task T195418
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation