This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of scandium.eqiad.wmnet. This is the new parsoid test box, replacing the 5+ year old system ruthenium. Once this system is online and services migrated, a task will need to be created (or linked) for the decommission of ruthenium.
Racking Proposal: Any 1G rack will do, this will use the internal vlan.
Hostname Proposal: Not sure if we should call this something other than a misc element name, parsoid-test1001? Open to suggestion. Otherwise scandium was selected as a currently unused element name.
- - receive in system on procurement task T195418
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update racktables (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - ensure uprightdiff package exists on stretch
- - install npm and nodejs 8 from stretch-backports, puppetize it
- - fix various puppet dependency problems / git cloning
- - handoff for service implementation