The Growth team needs to create a report to track our annual plan metrics for 2018-2019. This report will be shared with the broader WMF organization and will be posted here on mediawiki.org.
According to the annual plan, the Growth team's main metric is second-month new contributor retention in Czech and Korean Wikipedias. There is also a secondary metric, "mentor retention", that we will also want to report on if/when our team implements mentorship programs.
Therefore, the task is to:
- Build a report that tracks second-month new contributor retention rate among logged-in users in Czech and Korean Wikipedias.
- The same report should also track these metrics that are relevant to the Growth team's upcoming work:
- Day One Activation Rate
- Two-Week Retention Rate
- Six-Week Survival Rate
- If it trivial to make additional mid-size wikis available in the report, we should add that capability.
- The report should be built in Superset.
- The report should update on a sensible schedule. If we are tracking second-week retention, perhaps it should update weekly.
- The report should follow these four general requirements:
- Discoverable: it should be linked at mediawiki.org so that others can find it.
- Unique: we should make sure that other teams are not producing similar, redundant reports.
- Accessible: it should be labeled and explained with accompanying written content that defines terms and data sources, such that people unfamiliar with our team's work can still follow along.
- Certified: we should continue to validate that the report is tracking reality correctly.
Before making a final product in Superset, it would probably make sense to make prototype versions in something like Google Sheets or a Python notebook.