As we release T190350: Epic: ⚡️ Partial blocks to production wikis we will want a feature flag to control the rollout. We'll also need to consider what will happen if a wiki wants us to temporarily (or indefinitely) disable the feature.
- What changes need to happen to the database that will affect all wikis? Is this acceptable?
- What should be hidden from:
- Special:Block UI
- Logs + Special:BlockList
- The "you are blocked" messages that appear to users (applicable?)
- What happens to partial blocks when the feature is "hidden" or "disabled" by the feature flag?
- Stay in place?
- Escalate to sitewide blocks?
- Are we OK with Automatic vs manual clean up?