- Name of tool/project: TwoColConflict Extension
- Project home page: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:TwoColConflict
- Name of team requesting review: WMDE-TechWish (Wikimedia Deutschland)
- Primary contacts: @WMDE-Fisch @thiemowmde @Lea_WMDE
- Target date for deployment / activation: October 25 2018, if no security critical issues were found until October 21st
- Link to code repository / patchset:
- Relevant patches starting roughly above (including) here https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/extensions/TwoColConflict/+/446870/
- Programming Language(s) Used: PHP & JS
Description of the tool/project
The TwoColConflict extension provides an alternative view for the edit conflict resolution page. This security review is mainly for the major redesign of the interface of the extension. The interface is internally and in the code base called SplitTwoColConflict. The main aspects of the original interface were already reviewed before the original deployment in T149808 and reside in the code under InlineTwoColConflict.
Description of how the tool will be used at WMF
The extension is currently deployed globally as beta feature with the original InlineTwoColConflict UI. The new interface can be switched to via a config setting and should eventually replace the older interface, that then would be removed. - If activated it will show for users who enabled it, each time they run into an edit conflict using the standard wikitext editor.
Has this project been reviewed before?
Working test environment
- git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/TwoColConflict
- add to LocalSettings:
wfLoadExtension( 'TwoColConflict' ); $wgTwoColConflictUseInline = false; // to use the new interface
- After enabling the extension, try to produce an edit conflict and then see the new conflict-resolution view.
The current master with the new interface enabled can also be found here: