A diff link for a page creation shows an error, and this diff link is generated by thank notifications.
How a user experiences this
- I offer a new user a welcome message by creating their talk page.
- They use the thank feature on my message, generating a notification. This notification contains a link to the diff of the page creation: /w/index.php?title=User_talk:Farzadvosooghi&oldid=prev&diff=851941092&markasread=143717051
- I click the link, and see this:
One revision of this difference (851941092) was not found.
This is usually caused by following an outdated diff link to a page that has been deleted. Details can be found in the deletion log.
In this case, no revisions have been deleted, it's just a new page creation.
- Make a more useful message for URLs referring a to page creation diff.
- Change the notification system to generate a different link when thanking for a page creation revision.