Full name: Bill Pirkle
ssh-rsa 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 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Starling has advised that I apply for shell access, in order to
begin familiarisation and training on the production cluster, with an
aim to eventually fully participating in Core Platform Team
activities. The Core Platform Team are heavy users of shell access,
and their duties include incident response, monitoring of new
deployments, and running schema migration scripts. Initially, I plan
on using shell access in order to test and monitor the deployment of
the batch deletion feature which I'm writing (T198176).
SRE Clinic Duty Checklist for Access Requests
Most requirements are outlined on https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requesting_shell_access
This checklist should be used on all access requests to ensure that all steps are covered. This includes expansion to access. Please do not check off items on the list below unless you are in Ops and have confirmed the step.
- - User has signed the L3 Acknowledgement of Wikimedia Server Access Responsibilities Document.
- - User has a valid NDA on file with WMF legal. (This can be checked by Operations via the NDA tracking sheet & is included in all WMF Staff/Contractor hiring.)
- - User has provided the following: wikitech username, preferred shell username, email address, and full reasoning for access (including what commands and/or tasks they expect to perform.
- - User has provided a public SSH key. This ssh key pair should only be used for WMF cluster access, and not share with any other service (this includes not sharing with WMCS access, no shared keys.)
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponser for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - sudo requests: all sudo requests require explicit approval during the weekly operations team meeting. No sudo requests will be approved outside of those meetings without the direct override of the Director of Operations.
- - Patchsets for access request https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/454709 & https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/454710