Creating this task for QA for TemplateWizard (TW). I did not (to my own surprise) have a place where how everything worked from the user perspective was listed so I'm putting it down here for everyone, including QA.
Design spec is in T190348
- TW only works in the standard wikitext editor. The icon is the OOUI puzzle piece icon.
- Clicking on the puzzle piece gives the user a dialog where the user can either:
- Choose to click on the help link which takes them to the help page in a new tab.
- Start typing a template name which prompts a dropdown that contains template names with the template description (which is fetched from TemplateData)
- Once the user clicks on a template name from the dropdown, they are taken into the editor window.
In the editor window:
- There is a header with the template name, description, link to the template and an icon to delete the template which takes the user back to the previous screen.
- On the left, the parameters are divided into Required, Suggested and Optional sections (again, this data comes from TemplateData)
- The Required parameter fields are automatically added to the right panel.
- The user can click on fields on the left to add them to the right. The field icon changes from a blue plus sign to a red minus sign.
- The user can click on the field again to remove them from the right.
- The user can click the info icon on a field that has a description in templatedata to see the description in a popup
- The user can add all the parameters to the right by clicking Add all paramters (T194436)
- The user can remove all the parameters (except for the required ones) by clicking the same button again (T194436)
- If there are no fields, we give the user a message: T198927
- Default text from Templatedata is shown as placeholder (Example text if no default): T191268 (and comments)
- Auto-value text from TemplateData is pre-populated in the field when the user adds it.
- There are several overlays the user can see:
- The template (with the fields the user selected to be in the right panel) gets inserted into the editor when the user hits Insert. The template is formatted according to the formatting picked in templatedata (inline, block etc.). The cursor is at the end of the inserted template.