Steps to reproduce:
- In VE standalone on Android Chrome, edit an empty document and paste "ภาษาไทย" (two words, with no separating whitespace in accordance with Thai orthography).
- Touch and hold on the first half of the text; the selection will become "ภาษา" (i.e. the browser has identified the Thai word boundary lexically).
- Press the link icon and create a link on just this text.
- Now touch and hold on the second half of the text; the selection will become "ไทย" (and will not include the link cartouche close).
- Drag the left pin right then left, to shrink the selection then regrow it to "ไทย" (again, without the link cartouche close).
- Release the touch.
Expected behaviour: the selection stays as "ไทย"
Actual behaviour: the selection collapses to the end of the text.