|Resolved||srishakatux||T198916 Investigate and improve MediaWiki Action API documentation|
|Resolved||jeropbrenda||T203858 Review and improve top viewed overview pages of the Action API|
|Duplicate||srodlund||T204773 Review and improve: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:FAQ|
|Resolved||jeropbrenda||T204855 Review and update API client library lists on: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Client_code|
|Resolved||jeropbrenda||T204888 Improve and update: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:Data_formats|
|Duplicate||srodlund||T205167 Review and improve: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/API:FAQ|
Below are some super quick recommendations for these overview pages--
- These are highly visited/popular pages -- check to see if there is any feedback on the discussion pages (questions, requests for improvement, etc). After revisiting these pages, please encourage visitors and collaborators to leave feedback about what is working and what is not working.
- Make sure these pages meet the requirements of the documentation/style guide.
- Individual Recommendations:
- Check to make sure the information is up-to-date.
- Page should have tables (recommended) or no tables for all of the client libraries. Right now, there is a mix of formatting for these. It should be consistent.
- A subtask has been created to address more substantive changes.
- API:Data formats
- Edit with an eye for clarity and reducing amount of text (especially in Multivalue parameters and output section).
- Think reference over user guide.
- Check accuracy of examples provided at end of page.
- A subtask has been created for this.
- No major recommendations - make sure information is accurate.
- API:Error and warnings
- No major recommendations -- make sure information is accurate. This page should be connect to a troubleshooting guide.
- This page could definitely use a complete overhaul. Content should be evaluated and reorganized for clarity. This page can also be used to contextualize APIs in general. Because the work on this will be a bit more involved, I'm creating a subtask with recommendations for this page.
- Check information accuracy and edit with an eye for clarity.