Currently when non-confirmed users in English Wikipedia trying to create an article (including using action=edit), they are redirected to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:New_user_landing_page. This page is very not user friendly:
- No deletion log is shown. Therefore the links does not make sense in some pages, e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:List_of_hoaxes_on_Wikipedia.
- No search button is shown.
- No links to other Wikimedia project is shown.
- No reason that they (non-confirmed users) can not create article is shown (only apply to action=edit).
- The langing page only encourage users to create new articles, not to search existing articles.
- When using Article Wizard, user must type article name again, and there're no easy way to retrieve article name (other than URL of landing page).
- Install Extension:UrlGetParameters on English Wikipedia. This does not resolve issue 1.
- Do not redirect users to a landing page, instead using a new MediaWiki message similar to MediaWiki:Noarticletext/MediaWiki:Noarticletext-nopermission and MediaWiki:Nocreatetext. This solves issue 1-5 (but not 6).