Proposed solution for a discoverability issue uncovered in user testing in T196398
i. Some users are not that the bottom article toolbar contains a bookmark icon that allows them to add an article to their reading lists.
ii Users are mistakenly going to their "Reading lists" list screen instead via the article overflow menu item.
- Trigger an onboarding tooltip about using the bookmark in the article toolbar if user taps on the reading list overflow and returns to the article view twice without adding an article.
- Remove the conflicting "long press" tooltip.
Proposed copy (should appear as the tooltip highlights the add to reading list bookmark icon in the bottom article toolbar):
|Title||Add to reading list|
|Text||Tap on the bookmark icon to save the article to a reading list.|
Steps to QA:
On a fresh installation :
- The toC tooltip shows first, which triggers after you go two articles deep into the rabbit hole.
The Bookmark tooltip occurs on next article load, only if:
- The bookmark icon on article screen has not been clicked after installation
- You have not saved an article in any other way [ including a Featured article, or from overflow of a list item]
- You have clicked on the 'Reading lists' option on the overflow menu of article screen twice
.. and then on the next load of article it shows up
On an old installation, just from steps 2-4.