T85414#4597677 details the current differences between the Wikibase DB schema as written in code and deployed to the WMF.
wb_terms_text is only in prod
term_text is created on install
term_text includes term_language, however wb_terms_text does not.
We need to
- rename the term_text index to match the wb_terms_text name used in production
- remove the usage of term_language by the index
Priority & Impact
Having differing schema between WMF production and what we use elsewhere and in development causes outages like the tmp1 outage.
The tmp1 index caused a massive outage, we want to avoid doing that in the future.
This task is small and should be easy to complete so lets get it done and avoid it sitting here for a year, at which point we may have forgotten about the hardships that it caused.
- Wikibase users upgrading from a version prior to this patch will have the index adjusted
- Wikibase users installing a fresh install will have the correct index
- The index should appear exactly as it does in WMF production