The language committee has approved the creation of Wiktionary Cantonese.
- Request page: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Requests_for_new_languages/Wiktionary_Cantonese
- Language code: yue
- Site URL: yue.wiktionary.org
- Project name: 維基辭典
- Project namespace: 維基辭典
- Project talk namespace: 維基辭典傾偈
- Project logo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wiktionary_logo_yue_1_noto_pathed.svg
- Project logo (135px PNG): https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Wiktionary_logo_yue.png
- Timezone: UTC
- Local file uploads: disabled
- Additional namespaces: 索引 (Index), 索引討論 (Index_talk), 附錄 (Appendix), 附錄討論 (Appendix_talk)
I note explicitly that this project is to be located at yue.wiktionary.org, with zh-yue.wiktionary.org redirected to it. This is the opposite behavior of what happens in the corresponding Wikipedia project (for now), though T30441 (and other tasks) demonstrate that the aspiration is to move in this direction. Let's create this one properly in the first place.