Pasting in text with CRLF line endings appears to break the new VE-based wikitext editor.
- Use Chrome or Edge (not Firefox)
- Log in and enable "new wikitext mode"
- Begin editing a page
- Paste in some text with CRLF line endings
- Try to continue editing the text (particularly after the pasted text)
- See that cursor is no longer positioned correctly, undo no longer works correctly, etc
- Copy all the text at that point and paste it into another (functioning) text editor
- See that the text being produced also no longer matches the text being displayed
After pasting 4 lines of text with their CRLF endings, then attempting to type ^^^^ at the end of line 6:
After pasting 4 lines of text with their CRLF endings, then pressing "undo" once:
Desired behavior: not that. (text insertion at cursor position, undo reversing the operation correctly, etc)
- First noticed this issue about a month ago
- Doesn't occur when pasting in text with LF-only line endings (workaround)
- Doesn't occur in Firefox (may be stripping the CRs when pasting text)
- This issue and NWE in general are essentially identical in Chrome and Edge
- Windows 10 was not at all happy while testing this for whatever reason
Apologies if this is in the wrong place or wrong format, first time submitting anything through the WM phab.