The Wikibase website needs an overhaul to be a better entry to the world of Wikibase and help people find all the tools and documentation around it.
People need to better understand what Wikibase is, why they'd want to use it and get answers to questions about how to install/use it.
Some things to consider:
- Quickstart configuration guide (from T205010#4621370, T205605)
- https://github.com/wmde/wikibase-docker/blob/master/README-compose.md could be a good starting point?
- T205033: Create example dataset that can be loaded into a blank Wikibase install to create an example Wikibase
- T205022: Change Wikibase Font
- T205021: Make Wiki Logo easy to configure and document how
- T192873: Describe where to express applicable licenses on the data captured in a Wikibase
- Showcases / link to Wikibase registry
- T192802: What are the options for deploying / containerization of a Wikibase installation
- T193002: Document how to make simple edits to WDQS as packaged in the docker container