Page MenuHomePhabricator

CX2: Section alignment broken when translating "Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond" from Hebrew
Closed, ResolvedPublic

Description

To reproduce:

Observed: Empty paragraphs are inserted, and they are all short and not aligned with the source paragraphs.

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
mediawiki/services/cxserver : masterSection wrap: Handle the self closing tags

Event Timeline

Amire80 created this task.Sep 27 2018, 11:58 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald TranscriptSep 27 2018, 11:58 AM
Pginer-WMF triaged this task as Medium priority.Sep 28 2018, 10:50 AM
Pginer-WMF moved this task from Needs Triage to CX2 on the ContentTranslation board.

Change 464755 had a related patch set uploaded (by Santhosh; owner: Santhosh):
[mediawiki/services/cxserver@master] Section wrap: Handle the self closing tags

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/464755

When translating פלמינג: האיש שרצה להיות בונד ("Fleming: The Man Who Would Be Bond") from Hebrew to Hungarian, content in the source column is not properly divided into sections, and whole article displayed as one section. That is what the patch fixes, content is properly divided after the patch.


The problem reported in description "Observed: Empty paragraphs are inserted, and they are all short and not aligned with the source paragraphs" looks like MT failed and fallback of "Don't use MT" is used. There should be no alignment issues when that happens.

Change 464755 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/services/cxserver@master] Section wrap: Handle the self closing tags

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/464755

Etonkovidova closed this task as Resolved.Oct 5 2018, 11:04 PM
Etonkovidova added a subscriber: Etonkovidova.

@Petar.petkovic yes, the patch fixed T205679: [wmf.23] CX2: Unable to translate "Triops longicaudatus" - TypeError: model.getSectionNumber is not a function too. The source panel does not look ideal, but the major display bug is gone.
I did some more testing to make sure that there are no specific LTR issues with translation and all look fine. I closed T205679: [wmf.23] CX2: Unable to translate "Triops longicaudatus" - TypeError: model.getSectionNumber is not a function too.

The improvement: for en:Triops longicaudatus
from


to

And for פלמינג: האיש שרצה להיות בונד
from

to

Stashbot added a subscriber: Stashbot.

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-10-15T03:14:02Z] <kartik@deploy1001> Started deploy [cxserver/deploy@5a70ef1]: Update cxserver to 47a864b (T205420, T203077, T205700, T205616)

Mentioned in SAL (#wikimedia-operations) [2018-10-15T03:18:46Z] <kartik@deploy1001> Finished deploy [cxserver/deploy@5a70ef1]: Update cxserver to 47a864b (T205420, T203077, T205700, T205616) (duration: 04m 44s)