As soon as the page issues code is shipped we should remove the code relating to instrumentation - it adds unnecessary bloat to our codebase and has a high maintenance cost.
- Changes should be made in a feature branch called "page-issues-cleanup". Use git review page-issues-cleanup to post code there.
- Code should be removed in a single patchset, to make it easier to restore this in future if needed.
- All JS relating to instrumentation in Minerva is removed (no changes to ReadingDepth should be necessary)
- All PHP relating to config is removed
- Cleanup any production config
- there should be no flash of unstyled content for the new treatment.
Code to remove includes:
- pageIssues.js **
- Remove formatPageIssuesSeverity
- References to pageIssuesLogger removed
- isLoggingRequired removed
- removed all pageIssuesLogger.log calls
- pageIssuesLogger.js **
- Removed in full
- PageIssuesOverlay no longer takes a PageIssuesLogger
- PageIssuesOverlay.prototype.events, log, onEditLink, onInternalLink, onRedLinkClick, onExit code can be removed.
- issuesSeverity and sectionNumbers no longer needs to be sent as part of modalClose event
- parseSeverity and issueSummaryToSeverity helpers removed
Sign off step
- Make sure there is a task open to merge the feature branch to master.