Steps to Reproduce
- https://en.m.wikipedia.org/ on a DESKTOP browser.
- Control-click an image
- Image opens in new tab just as it does for middle-clicking
- Image opens in the current tab and destroys browsing context
- Production enwiki on Minerva
- Chromium 69.0.3497.81
- Ubuntu v18.04
Do not interfere with non-left clicks or if modifier keys are pressed.
This can be tested on beta cluster or reading web staging (dev should confirm this and delete this parenthesises when this is done)
Things to double check
- Does clicking the image load the media overlay on mobile
- Can I use open image in new tab (hold press) without opening the image overlay
- Does clicking an image show the media overlay?
- Can I open an image in a new tab without opening the image overlay