This task is about writing all the copy for the new survey. This is not just survey questions, but is also the headings, introductory text, any privacy or how-to information, and buttons.
With respect to the questions in the survey form:
- Write a set of questions we care about.
- Decide which are most important.
- Decide on the way we ask them (multiple choice, checkbox, open-ended).
- Decide on their response options.
- Decide on the order to ask them.
We will want to consult with other community members, staff members, or teams who have experience asking questions of new editors on the wikis to learn about any best practices.
The copy will need to be tested before they are deployed to ensure that respondents understand them the same way as the writers do. The task for translating to other languages is T206376.