Task description coming soon.
While working on T199133, a few of ideas on how to improve incident reports came to my mind:
- Incident reports since 2011 are listed at https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation
- The page has a form that creates an incident report using https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/Report_Template as a template
- The only required data is service name in the incident report page name - YYYYMMDD-$NameOfService
- Getting data from incident reports is hard because they are unstructured text.
- Contacting the person that created (or additionally everybody that edited) the incident report and asking for clarifications. Example: Which Gerrit repositories is this incident report connected to?
- Adding section(s) to the incident report might be helpful: relevant Phabricator tasks, Gerrit commits, Gerrit repositories (if the outage is connected to a repository, but there are no relevant commits)