Currently, the personal tool items' small icons (ULS and user, not Notices and alerts) are somewhere floating in the space.
Expected: They should _visually_ be on baseline of connected labels.
|With missing baseline amendment (current state)||Proposed|
|Only personal tools, not language icon|
- Make icons vertically start on label baseline, ensure for both
- anon and
- logged-in user due to different elements carrying icons
- Amend ULS icon position to have same left padding as user – 16px equivalent in ems instead of currently 18px
- Older browsers (IE 8+, older Safaris) have to be tested – “newer” CSS properties are used, like display: inline-block which might result in display glitches, most importantly
- if user icon is fully visible (not cut off) and in acceptable position
There are differences by 1px in various browsers, they are caused by rendering inconsistencies x-browser and have to be accepted (for example Chrome/Yandex/Safari 5 on Windows), see also comments below.