This task is for engineering the second version of the feature, which is mocked up as Variation C here.
See design details on T206372: Personalized first day: design survey experience.
The majority of requirements for this feature are the same as for Variation A in T206371, with these main changes:
- Deployed as a progress dialog on top of the account creator's original context.
- Discloses one question at a time, with progress indicator.
- Updated form control design (TBC):
- Q1 & Q2 will be shown as a radio button group, styled as toggle buttons instead of a drop-down selection.
- Q3 (Suggested interested topics) will be shown as toggle buttons instead of a multi-select checkbox group.
- The mobile web version of this form design works with a full-screen overlay.
- No-JS users will be shown a fallback version, or else re-directed to Variation A.