Now mobile.startup has been ported to webpack we'll want to start thinking about how features are organised going forward. The mobile.references feature is loaded on startup by the Minerva skin and quite well contained so it makes sense to start with porting this feature first.
The references feature makes use of two modules:
- There is no or mobile.references.gateway modules -these are now part of mobile.startup ! yay! (Thus: the references code is loaded in the initial JS bundle for Minerva)
- There is no mobile.references module -these are now part of mobile.startup ! yay! (Thus: the references code is loaded in the initial JS bundle for Minerva)
- Reference feature is shipped inside mobile.startup
- Tests for mobile.references.gateway can be run in headless mode.
- Tests for ReferencesDrawer can be run in headless mode.
- We have thought about how to organise "features" in Minerva.
- mobile.references.images is merged with mobile.startup.images (no alias needed)
- Minerva is retained in a mergeable state throughout the migration: This can be done in 3 patches. 1) making the move and making mobile.references symlink to mobile.startup 2) updating Minerva 3) removing the mobile.references symlink.
- A good conversation has been had by all involved about how we plan to migrate other features e.g. search, watchstar and T208921 has been updated with any practical details.