Full name: Adam Shorland
Over the past years the use of graphite for storing various metrics at WMDE has increased.
I would like to request access to the graphite hosts and whatever is needed to be able to:
- Delete old unused metrics, such as T121521 T140280 T157012 T121523
- Investigate and fix odd aggregations (as was done in T199968)
- Merge metrics as metric names / locations change during development (as was done in T196609 but no merge was done)
I seem to remember having a discussion about this some years ago somewhere but I couldn't find any references to it.
- - access request (or expansion) has sign off of WMF sponsor/manager (sponser for volunteers, manager for wmf staff)
- - non-sudo requests: 3 business day wait must pass with no objections being noted on the task
- - sudo requests: all sudo requests require explicit approval during the weekly operations team meeting. No sudo requests will be approved outside of those meetings without the direct override of the Director of Operations.
- - Patchset for access request