The container element of <math> may contain a "data-qid" attribute that refers to a Wikidata element (see Change 471772). We want to show a popup of some information from Wikidata, such as the description in the language $wgContLang.
- As a preliminary step, we have implemented a special page that is shown, if one clicks on annotated math tags.
- We have developed a demo that uses the popup extension to display that information in the popups extension https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/c/527547. However, this code can not be merged in its current shape.
- Enable JS unit tests in math (T288074)
- Update the API to generate the content of the popup in HTML format independent of the mechanism that will be used to display the popup (T288076).
- Decide if the Popups extension is best suitable for our use case or if we should consider alternatives.
- Fix API between Math and Page-previews (T233099)