User story: Jack's organization uses an internal wiki site for documentation. Sometimes, when a database error occurs, Jack sees an error message that suggests a Google search instead. This is very confusing to Jack because:
- The wiki Jack uses is internal, which means Google cannot index this wiki. Therefore, a Google search won't help Jack in this scenario.
- Jack and other users get scared when they saw this error message because they thought Google indexed their wiki's content, which are not supposed to be public.
- Make an error page that does not include the "Try Search With Google" form.
- Add a configuration option to allow MediaWiki to show error pages without the Google form, while keeping the current error page (with Google form) as default option.
Alternatively, #1 can be made into a fully customized error page.
Proposed new error page, to be turned on in MediaWiki configuration:
- Remove redundant suggestion: for those wikis not indexed by Google, their users will only be distracted by this Google form.