Pending changes is a level of protection that allows unprivileged users to make edits which are saved but not displayed to readers until they are manually reviewed. It is used infrequently but still needs to cooperate with Partial Blocks.
The Beta environment has pending changes enabled — https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:PendingChanges
You need three users to test this:
- Someone to make an edit to trigger pending changes. I used a logged-out IP.
- A user with reviewer permissions to review the changes who will be partially blocked. For my example I created User:Nov-6-18-test.
- An admin to block. For my example I used User:TBolliger.
- A partially blocked user with reviewer permissions...
- 1. should not be able to review pending changes on pages defined in their partial block
- 2. should be able to review pending changes on pages not within the parameters of their partial block
Use case 1 — success
If a user is PB'd from a page (in this case FR test they cannot review the pending changes:
Use case 2 — failure
If a user is not PB'd from a page, they are prohibited from reviewing all pages. Please fix this defect.