This task is about adding an ability for users to access self-directed help within the Editor help panel.
When I am seeking help on how to edit an article and cannot see my query in the top help articles...
...I want to be able to search for the answer I'm looking for within the help panel ...
...so that I can complete the editing task on my own immediately.
- Platform: Both desktop and mobile, with Desktop to be built and deployed first.
- Languages: KO and CS (Growth team's target wikis)
- Target users: Same users as T206717
- This feature will need to be instrumented with EventLogging for all clicks.
- Proposed interactions to track:
- Search has been used
- Number of times it is used in a single session by a user
- Search terms that are entered
- Search results links are clicked
- A/B testing: This feature should be A/B testable. We might want to test these sorts of things:
- Having search added to the help panel or not.
- Ability to view results from within the help panel or open in a new tab.
Proposed design + requirements
- Mocks: Invision (clickable) prototype at https://wikimedia.invisionapp.com/share/XSP2H5Z7ZMY (Click/Tap on this task in the contents screen to view the relevant mocks)
- Notes on the design:
- Each language wiki should be able to determine the namespaces which are within the search parameters. For example in enwiki being used in the mocks, search is being limited to the Help namespace. But kowiki keeps help pages in the Wikipedia space.
- There should also be predictive (type-ahead) results shown to the user
- User returns to the initial screen by clearing the search input or clicking on the "Back" link within the panel