This task will track the racking, setup, and installation of 3 new session storage machines for codfw: sessionstore200[1-3].codfw.wmnet.
Racking Proposal: These 3 machines are the codfw deployment, 3 more will go in eqiad. ALL servers should be fully row redundant, so just 1 server per row. (There is no preference on which rows to use, use whatever rows have the most space.) These are 1G systems, so rack in 1G racks.
- - receive in system on procurement task T207801
- - rack system with proposed racking plan (see above) & update netbox (include all system info plus location)
- - bios/drac/serial setup/testing
- - mgmt dns entries added for both asset tag and hostname
- - network port setup (description, enable, internal vlan)
- end on-site specific steps
- - production dns entries added (internal subnets for each row)
- - operations/puppet update (install_server at minimum, other files if possible)
- - OS installation (stretch)
- - puppet accept/initial run
- - handoff for service implementation