The Nodepool service is being phased out. It is running on labnodepool1001.eqiad.wmnet which is in the WMCS support LAN. There are firewall rules between production (contint1001 / contint2001) and the WMCS network.
The service can be dropped at anytime, it is no more being used.
- - all system services confirmed offline from production use
- - set all icinga checks to maint mode/disabled while reclaim/decommmission takes place.
- The two nodepool services are in maintenance mode until 12/15 https://icinga.wikimedia.org/cgi-bin/icinga/status.cgi?search_string=labnodepool1001
- - remove system from all lvs/pybal active configuration
- - any service group puppet/hiera/dsh config removed
- - remove site.pp (replace with role(spare::system) if system isn't shut down immediately during this process.) https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/473838
START NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - disable puppet on host
- - power down host
- - disable switch port
- - switch port assignment noted on this task (for later removal)
- - remove all remaining puppet references (include role::spare)
- - remove production dns entries
- - puppet node clean, puppet node deactivate
- - remove dbmonitor entries on neodymium/sarin: sudo curl -X DELETE https://debmonitor.discovery.wmnet/hosts/labnodepool1001.eqiad.wmnet --cert /etc/debmonitor/ssl/cert.pem --key /etc/debmonitor/ssl/server.key
END NON-INTERRUPPTABLE STEPS
- - system disks wiped (by onsite)
- - IF DECOM: system unracked and decommissioned (by onsite), update racktables with result
- - IF DECOM: switch port configration removed from switch once system is unracked.
- - IF DECOM: add system to decommission tracking google sheet
- - IF DECOM: mgmt dns entries removed.
- - IF RECLAIM: system added back to spares tracking (by onsite)