We have a beta feature to give better value suggestions for properties that usually only use a small set of values like "sex and gender" or "driving side". Based on the on-of constraint defined on the property we show the expected value immediately in the value suggester.
The beta feature seems to be working fairly well. We should graduate it to a proper feature and make it available to all editors.
See "Entity suggestions from constraint definitions" on https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures to enable and test it.
- Beta feature is removed from beta feature settings page
- Every editor receives suggestions based on constraints
- Most people are happy with your feature/change
- It's agreed to be a good addition to the site, balancing features, design complexity and performance
- All major bugs and obviously missing features are fixed
- It passes a second design, security and performance review as per review queue
- You have run it as the Beta Feature in "final configuration" (with only the bits you intend to deploy, and no others) for at least two weeks before deployment – last fixes were in T207363 and T220587, to be deployed with 1.34.0-wmf.1
- Get agreement from @Jdforrester-WMF/@greg
- Merge your code into an appropriate venue (usually MediaWiki core or an existing extension) behind a feature flag
- Deploy, removing your Beta Features code from the servers and the Beta Features whitelist entry from mediawiki configuration