Page MenuHomePhabricator

Update mediawiki eslint config
Closed, ResolvedPublic3 Story Points

Description

In T207169 we added eslint-plugin-compat to our eslint config, but that didn't catch all IE11 incompatibilities. We also discovered that wikimedia was in the process of updating their eslint configuration to ensure compatibility with IE11. This process is finished now (see #113) and we should update the eslint config in our projects to use the new mediawiki config. See their README.

Note: eslint-config-wikimedia v0.9.0 is now released!

Acceptance criteria:

  • Wikibase extends mediawiki/client
  • WikibaseLexeme extends mediawiki/client
  • WikibaseQualityConstraints extends mediawiki/client
  • WikimediaBadges extends mediawiki/client
  • PropertySuggester extends mediawiki/client

Details

Related Gerrit Patches:
mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseQualityConstraints : masterUpdate upstream wikimedia eslint config
mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexeme : masterUpdate upstream wikimedia eslint config
mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase : masterUpdate upstream wikimedia eslint config
mediawiki/extensions/WikimediaBadges : masterUpdate upstream wikimedia eslint config
mediawiki/extensions/PropertySuggester : masterUpdate upstream wikimedia eslint config

Event Timeline

Michael created this task.Nov 20 2018, 11:22 AM
Restricted Application added a project: Wikidata. · View Herald TranscriptNov 20 2018, 11:22 AM
Restricted Application added a subscriber: Aklapper. · View Herald Transcript
Michael updated the task description. (Show Details)
Michael updated the task description. (Show Details)Nov 20 2018, 1:19 PM

eslint-config-wikimedia v0.9.0 is now released.

Addshore triaged this task as Medium priority.Nov 21 2018, 8:21 AM
Addshore moved this task from incoming to consider for next sprint on the Wikidata board.
Addshore updated the task description. (Show Details)
Addshore moved this task from Needs Work to Ready to estimate on the Wikidata-Campsite board.
Michael claimed this task.Nov 29 2018, 2:22 PM
Restricted Application added a project: User-Michael. · View Herald TranscriptNov 29 2018, 2:22 PM

Change 476529 had a related patch set uploaded (by Michael Große; owner: Michael Große):
[mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476529

Change 476538 had a related patch set uploaded (by Michael Große; owner: Michael Große):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseQualityConstraints@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476538

Change 476539 had a related patch set uploaded (by Michael Große; owner: Michael Große):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexeme@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476539

Change 476543 had a related patch set uploaded (by Michael Große; owner: Michael Große):
[mediawiki/extensions/WikimediaBadges@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476543

Change 476544 had a related patch set uploaded (by Michael Große; owner: Michael Große):
[mediawiki/extensions/PropertySuggester@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476544

The new release of the wikimedia config also disallows a number of jQuery methods. I didn't implement these changes in this ticket, but created T210744 to discuss and estimate them. This only affects Wikibase and WikibaseLexeme.

Also a noticed that today a new version of wikimedia stylelint was released. Do we want to pull that version as well in a new ticket?

Change 476544 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/PropertySuggester@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476544

Change 476543 merged by Michael Große:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikimediaBadges@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476543

Change 476529 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/Wikibase@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476529

Change 476539 merged by Michael Große:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseLexeme@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476539

Change 476538 merged by jenkins-bot:
[mediawiki/extensions/WikibaseQualityConstraints@master] Update upstream wikimedia eslint config

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/476538