At the moment, trying to view the details of a private filter simply returns a "you can't view this filter because it's private" message. However, certain things about a private filter are still public, and it is annoying not to be able to see them by going to [[Special:AbuseFilter/123]] or whatever, instead having to find it in the filter list.
Additionally, certain things that have no need to be private, but are only accessible via details view and not the filter list are completely inaccessible.
Details view should be changed so that it always shows the filter details screen, but just omits certiain stuff in the case of private filters.
Below, I have classified the information about each filter according to what should be done with it.
- Hidden for private filters, and should be; no need to change:
- Filter history
- Rate limiter
- Visible for private filters only through the filter list, should also be shown in details view:
- Filter ID
- Number of hits
- Private flag
- Enabled flag
- Last modified time and author
- Log flag
- Warn flag
- Disallow flag
- Tag flag
- Block autopromote flag
- Inaccessible for private filters, but has no reason to be, should be shown in details view:
- Statistics (matched last X of Y)
- Average run time
- System message to use for warning
- Which tag is applied
The last two of these are the most important -- not having them available is a pain when trying to figure out what filter is responsible for what.
Note: All the changes above should be uniformly applied to APIs as well.