Page MenuHomePhabricator

RecordWizard does not work well the user interface in Occitan
Closed, ResolvedPublicBUG REPORT

Description

See Erreur sur Opera et IE en occitan (in French).

Here is a translation in English:

I have a problem when I want to use the RecordWizzard with the Lingua Libre interface in Occitan (on Linux or Windows):

  • with Opera I get this error: Cannot process this request via lingualibre.fr at the moment.
  • with IE I get this error: The website cannot display the HTTP 500 page

However, I have no problem if I put the interface in French.

Event Timeline

Pamputt updated the task description. (Show Details)

I've already seen this issue in the past, but never figured out it's origin.
A 500 is returned when switching the language interface to occitan (oc), but it works well with every other languages I've tested, so I'm a bit confused.
I'll investigate this in more details during the comming weekend.

Maybe related, @Guilhelma posted a new message about Occitan issue with record wizard on the Chat room. I copy here the error messages to keep track

If one clicks on the recording button at the top of the page, one gets the error below:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/lingualibre.org/includes/cache/MessageCache.php on line 812

If one clicks on the recording button at the bottom of the home page, one gets the error below:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/lingualibre.org/languages/Language.php on line 198
Pamputt changed the subtype of this task from "Task" to "Bug Report".Oct 6 2020, 8:15 PM

There are also a few other languages with the same issue: nb, pt (at least).

That’s very interesting ;-) Occitan has a fallback to Catalan and Catalan has a fallback to Occitan. Consequently, for a given message undefined in Occitan and in Catalan, when you request it in Occitan (resp. in Catalan), MW fallbacks to Catalan (resp. in Occitan), QED.

Seb35 claimed this task.
Seb35 added a subscriber: 0x010C.

Solved in this commit and this one.

I deployed (cherry-picked) on the server, so it works as of now.