As an editor, I want easy access to the talk page of a page so that I can review and participate in discussions about articles I care about
- For any page that has a talk page, the navigation will display two tabs: primary and talk/discussion
- For pages that have an empty talk page, the talk page tab will still be displayed (no red link)
- Naming - the text on each tab will be the text appearing on the desktop versions of the page based on project, language, and namespace.
- For example, the WP namespace will have tabs that read “project page” and “talk”
- For pages that do not have a talk page, no second tab will be displayed.
- For example, Special:SpecialPages will only have the default tab “Special page”
- Width - the width of each tab name must fit within the screen for all common screen sizes
- No changes will be made the way pages load (i.e. page will refresh when the talk tab is pressed)
- (For future iterations) This will be the only link to the talk page on the page
- Does this have to be a separate page or can we make it a tab?
we will start with a link to the talk page as-is right now and continue as per the flows below