- figure out the current configuration for the tiles servers (https://tools.wmflabs.org/openstack-browser/project/maps)
- create new Debian 9 (Strech) VMs for each and configure puppet client
- create new manifests for new versions of packages and configurations in puppet and deploy
- transfer any data that needs to be transfered for proper tile server operation
- test that all functionality is transferred and that everything works ok
- shut down old tile servers, turn on new ones
- delete old servers
I need access to cloud vps infrastructure for this purpose and I'm super new to wikimedia so I'll probably need to ask a lot of questions...