Create staging environment to easily test superset upgrades, while we have a setup in labs it is hard to test w/o exercising dashboards over our current datasets.
The plan is composed by two parts:
- Upgrade the current Superset host to Debian Buster (notably with Python 3.7 to avoid issues with Superset that requires >= 3.6)
- Create a ganeti instance called analytics-tool1004 with Debian Buster. T217640
- Configure superset on analytics-tool1004 to use the superset-production database, and populate it with a snapshot of the superset one
- Deploy and test superset on analytics-tool1004
- Test superset
- Swap traffic from analytics-tool1003 to analytics-tool1004
- Decom analytics-tool1003
- Create a staging environment
- Create a ganeti instance called an-tool1005. T217640
- Configure superset on an-tool1005 to use the superset-staging database, and populate it with a snapshot of the superset-production one.
- Update documentation about how to deploy/test Superset in Wikitech