Special:Block has an outdated UI behavior where some checkboxes will hide/show based on the configuration of the block. Current Wikimedia interface design standards dictate these options should be enable/disabled.
Where the checkbox is never visible to a particular admin because they don't have the correct permissions, it should remain never visible to them.
Where a checkbox can be visible to an admin if they enter certain parameters, it should go between enabled/disabled instead of shown and hidden. (It should probably also be appropriately checked if disabled, so that the admin can understand what the block will do.)
- The Automatically block the last IP address used by this user, [...] checkbox behavior should be changed from hide/show to enable/disable
- The Hide this username checkbox behavior should be changed from hide/show to enable/disable
- No defaults or behaviors should change other than the aforementioned UI changes.
- e.g. the Hide this username should only appear to users with the appropriate permissions
- e.g. the Automatically block the last IP should only be enabled if a username is provided