Some notes from an IRC conversation with @Skizzerz on how to improve the StopForumSpam extension
- Left over cruft from when Lego removed the API/submission features
- re add the submission feature, but gate it by whether emailconfirmation is required to edit
- for low traffic wikis, hit the API on every request instead of requiring a cached list
- Figure out a better system to serialize IPs, including IPv6 support
- Maybe put the cached list into a database using spatial indexes?
- MariaDB support might require using myisam since innodb didn't get support until later