Once there is a committed timeline for T180853: Bring a discourse instance for technical questions to production , https://discourse-mediawiki.wmflabs.org/ must be well promoted in the channels where developer support is provided currently.
Some ideas from https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T194951#4400005
- Would we link to discourse from many/most/all extension-talkpages? wikitech? etc? templates & gadgets pages? Many potential scope options.
- Adoption, Visibility, Chat plugins, Advertise at Support Desk,
- Banner/template in mediawiki.org for use on talkpages where desired
- Encourage WMF staff to ask questions?
- talked to Corey, PE program, he's getting support for doc-writing,