I often start developing texts that I will add to a wiki in a Google Drive document. Sometime the texts include url links to a wiki page.
The expected behavior when using Visual Editor is that the url link should transform into an internal link. This works as expected when you copy a single url to the wiki (example). However, when there is text before the url the internal linking still happen, but the url is kept (examples)
For the original example texts see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AizIoIok79B-D0F44KlaQ2C6KLo3rvUVK_hEhwjokmU/edit#
Steps to reproduce:
- Add an url to a wiki into a Google Drive document.
- Copy the url into Visual Editor.
- Visual Editor transforms the link.
- Press "Publish changes".
- The url vill be visible but the link will be internal (i.e. like this [[Vision|https://se.wikimedia.org/wiki/Vision]])
- The url should be replaced to an internal link (i.e. like this [[Vision]])
I am using Chromium Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 16.04 (64-bit)