Often at the same page name there are visible edits and deleted edits. Sometimes when engaged on history-merging and similar jobs, as a preliminary I have had to temporarily delete some of the visible edits. As a result, first I have had to shift aside the pre-existing deleted edits to another page name, to avoid a mix-up. That currently needs me to do this:
- Move page A to page X, not leaving a redirect; that moves all the visible edits and leaves the deleted edits where they were.
- Undelete page A's deleted edits.
- Move page A to page B, not leaving a redirect.
- Delete B if due to their contents those edits should be deleted.
- Move page X back to A, not leaving a redirect.
It would be easier if I could move all or some of A's deleted edits to another page name while keeping them deleted.
Or if I could undelete all or some of A's deleted edits and at the same time move them to another page name rather than getting mixed with A's pre-existing visible edits.
A history display of deleted edits already has a column of small clickables, one per edit; this column could also be used to select deleted edits to move.
That column of clickables should have controls for "unmark all" and "invert the selection". (Selective undeleting already has an "invert the selection" feature.)