In T210002 we were discussing the broken logic of user suppression via the oversight usergroup. Currently, the block must be configured to Indefinite Sitewide before the "Hide username" checkbox appears.
- Move the Hide username from edits and lists checkbox above "Actions to block" list on the new version of Special:Block.
- Note that this only appears to users with oversight permissions
- We should also consider changing the checkbox label.
- If the 'Hide username' checkbox is checked:
- All following checkboxes under "Actions" should be marked as checked and disabled.
- The 'Sitewide' radio button should also be selected
- The "Expiration" should be set to indefinite and disabled
Latest Special:Block mockups
- The current UX is hide/show, while Wikimedia's style guide now calls for enabled/disabled. If we opt to not rearrange the block page for oversighters, we could make this change at a minimum.
- Changes to the UX of Special:Block should not affect any logging or suppression actions or API actions
- Keep in mind that most suppressions occur on users that are already blocked. We should optimize the design for this workflow.