- Don't assume people in any conversation know each other.
- If somebody new looks like they want to join, make space with your body language & introduce them to the topic currently being discussed.
- Pac man shape / extra chair at tables
- If you already know both people - intorduce them with their name and a fact that might be interesting to the other person
- pause the conversation to explain any cultural or regional (Bay Area means nothing to someone that does not know California geography and local slang for locations) specific points and say what any abbreviations stand for.
- Do not assume people know anything about the WMF, its structure, or what its doing. If you are discussing departments, teams, etc. Give context.